About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Come Into The Garden Maud









Twenty8Twelve's 'Denise' dress is the perfect mix of elegant and edgy. I bought it a few years ago and I loved it so much I got it in two colours; in a beautiful green/gold colourway and this classic black. In darkest ebony silk-georgette, the Denise empire line dress features a romantic lace ruffle collar, lace flutter sleeves, pintucked pleating to the front, a concealed zip to the back and silk lining.

I wasn't planning to blog about this dress to be honest; I was simply wearing it under a great coat from Antipodium that I was photographing for a post (see here) but I love these photos & I adore the dress so it seemed silly not to share it with you. Teamed with my favourite flats, this is such a cute, easy to wear combo! 

I was reading Tennyson by the wishing well at Waggoner’s Wells in this shoot; this is the beautiful poem he wrote there in 1863:

Flower in the crannied wall,
I pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower—but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.

And yep, I'm pale, tan-less, translucent in these blog photos; this is an incredibly rare occurrence and I can't promise it will ever happen again! It might though. Maybe.

Get The Look:
Photos: Kate Carpenter

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete