About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 15 September 2017

La La Land












"Floating like a feather in a wide open space
Landing in a perfect happy place
Hello world, we're here again
Living life in La La Land"
~ The Go Go's

A visit to Los Angeles last week really brought out the LA girl in me. I completely embraced the casual, laid back vibe of that beautiful City, and this was very much reflected in the way I dressed. I wore slouchy tees, relaxed track pants, frayed denim shorts, distressed jeans, cute rompers, and loose, breezy dresses to compliment my loose, tousled hair. It was all about understated chic, and I absolutely loved how unfussy and free I felt and looked.

This cute dress, by Joie's diffusion range Soft Joie, encompasses that California vibe perfectly. Featuring an all over red diamond print, the blouson top, rolled up sleeves, and short flounced skirt give it a casual yet sophisticated feel for a very free-spirited look. It's the kind of effortless dress you simply throw on week in and week out. Perfect for lunch with the girls, a romantic date night with someone special, or as seen here, a day of sandy toes and salty kisses on a beautiful Los Angeles beach.

Of course I added a little bit of Irish to my outfit with my favourite Manley bag; you can take the girl out of Ireland etc etc. This gorgeous embellished bag gets a lot of attention whenever and wherever I use it, but LA girls fell so deeply in love with the bag I could barely keep up with the never ending stream of questions I was asked about it!

A great pair of sunglasses (an absolute must in Los Angeles) and metallic flats (whipped off so I could feel the warm sand between my toes) were the final touch to achieve perfect California cool.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment