About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 4 August 2017

Pink Tinsel










"As I, a puppet tinsel-pink
Leap on my springs, learn how to think
Till like the trembling golden stalk
Of some long-petalled star, I walk
Through the dark heavens, and the dew
Falls on my eyes and sense thrills through"
~ Edith Sitwell

Pink tinsel isn't just for Christmas. Pink tinsel is forever. Especially when it comes in the form of this 1960s inspired dress by Irish Designer Emma Manley. From the moment I saw it, I thought Mary Quant, Twiggy, The Beatles, The Stones, all things swinging 60s. The loose A-line fit, the short, easy to wear length, no sleeves - it's reminiscent of a decade where hemlines rose, and a much bolder approach to colour went hand in hand with young women who were moving away from the stuffy, matronly clothes of the 50s.

Only the coolest, retro bag would work with this beauty, and a visit to Dirty Fabulous Vintage in Dublin led me to this divine beaded clutch. If you ever find yourself in Dublin's Fair City, you simply must visit this one of a kind store. From the moment you are buzzed through the doors you enter a fashion Wonderland. I could have stayed there all day, and bought literally everything on their shop floor. It is a magical place, full to bursting with a cornucopia of vintage treasures; a shopping experience not to be missed.

I finished off my look with possibly the most beautiful shoes I have ever had the pleasure of wearing. Valentino's now iconic Rockstuds are a masterclass in contemporary cool. The modern style perfectly compliments the retro look of the bag and the dress. I'm ready to shimmy now, I'm ready to shine; I told you pink tinsel wasn't just for Christmas.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment