About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 13 April 2018

Stripe Up Your Life













There are those that
Are more influential than gold medals.
Certain ones have an instinct for satire,
Some are able to reincarnate themselves.
Their power is in shifting perspectives,
There is beauty in stripes
~ Alison Riley

Breton, nautical - call it what you will - stripes are a quintessential Spring/Summer look that will never go out of style. Inspired by sailors uniforms, Coco Chanel first introduced the look to the fashion world in her 1917 nautical collection. Since then the Breton stripe has endured to become synonymous with chic Parisian style, and is a wardrobe staple for men and women alike.

This stripe top is by French online-only brand Sézane. A firm favourite with Bloggers and Fashionistas alike, Sézane has a simple but very effective format, they have a permanent collection that runs through the seasons, and a monthly release of limited-edition collections that once gone, really are gone. 'Oscar' is one of their classics; available in red or navy stripes, it is a very lovely take on the trend. The addition of a tie at the back, that reveals a sneaky peek of flesh, makes it a real stand out piece.

The joy of the simple but chic Breton stripe top is its versatility. I styled my stripes with a pair of skinny jeans, my old Jimmy Choo Hunter Wellies (it's Lambing season here in the Scottish Borders, so these are currently my go-to footwear), and the cutest Baker Boy style hat that I found in an off-the-beaten-track store in Brooklyn, New York. This cute, sailor inspired outfit is the perfect off-duty look.

Get The Look:
Top: Sézane 'Oscar' Stripe Top in ecru/navy
Jeans: Frame Le Skinny De Jeanne Cropped Skinny Mid-Rise Jeans
Wellies: Jimmy Choo Hunter Wellies (similar)
Hat: Baker Boy Hat (similar here and here)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment