About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 6 April 2018

Working Class Hero













“As soon as you’re born they make you feel small
By giving you no time instead of it all
‘Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
A working class hero is something to be
A working class hero is something to be”
~ John Lennon

Nothing is cooler than a vintage t-shirt. Fact. A vintage tee styled with skinny jeans is a timeless classic, but believe me, they can also be paired perfectly with summery maxi skirts, retro denim cutoffs, or glammed up with sharp tailored suits. They are incredibly versatile, and a great way to make a real fashion statement.

I found this fantastic 1980s John Lennon t-shirt in Elizabeth and James’s LA store, and I loved it at first sight. It's an original, a one-off piece that no-one else will have. That's one of the joys of a great vintage find. Elizabeth and James designers Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen have long been advocates of all things vintage, and they recently added a personally curated selection of vintage clothing and antique goods to their beautiful flagship store.

I went classic with mine and styled it with a pair of black frame-sculpting skinny jeans, flat Gucci-esqué mules, and a very cool Baker Boy cap. The hat of the '60s and '70s thanks to style icons such as Jane Birkin and Brigitte Bardot, the Baker Boy cap has once again become the go-to hat for all style conscious fashionistas. It's the perfect match for my cool retro tee.

Get The Look:
T-shirt: Elizabeth and James Vintage Tee (similar here and here)
Jeans: J Brand 915 low-rise super skinny jeans in pitch (similar)
Hat: Nordstrom 'Brixton' Baker Boy Hat in black (similar)
Shoes: L'intervalle Nukin Flat Slipper Mules in black (similar)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment