About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 26 May 2014

Ellos: Wanted, Dead Or Alive!











You know when you fall in love with a dress, you can't afford it and you hope with every single piece of you that one day, if you promise to be a very good girl, you will find it in a sale & it will finally belong to you? Well that's exactly what happened with this dress. The ‘Ellos’ dress is quite simply my favourite piece ever by French Designer Isabel Marant and I have been lusting after it for at least two years.

I was browsing on one of my favourite websites, theoutnet.com, a few days ago when all of a sudden, out of the blue, there it was! MY dress, at a fraction of it's original price! Not quite in my size... in fact it was two sizes too big for me... but nonetheless, there it was and I simply had to have it. I ordered it and as soon as it arrived I took it straight to my trusty Tailor. He nipped, tucked and literally remade the dress to my exact measurements.

In multicolour shades of blue, beige, black, purple and peach, the 'Ellos' dress features a round neckline with metallic silver pipping, a draped blousey bodice, zipped cuffs on its long sleeves, a sexy asymmetric hemline & keyhole button fastening to the back. It is partially lined and has a concealed zip along the side.

I syled it with a great pair of Isabel-Marant-a-like Karen Millen ankle boots (I am hoping for another fashion sale miracle so that I can one day own the real thing; the lustworthy Isabel Marant 'Dicker' boots!). This cute daytime look is me to a tee, the kind of outfit I wear when I'm out and about, pottering around London, meeting friends for coffee; it is comfortable, casual and absolutely effortless. Oh Ellos, how much do I love thee? Let me count the ways…

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment