About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 8 January 2016

Thoroughly Modern Milly








"Good-bye, good-goody girl,
I'm changing and how!
So beat the drums cos here comes thoroughly modern Milly now!"
~ Dick Scanlan

This seems to be how it generally goes for me with the more expensive Isabel Marant clothes; I fall in love with a pretty dress I can't afford, I wait (im)patiently for the sale, if I'm very lucky I get a phenomenal sale bargain for a gorgeous piece that is (alas) always at least three sizes too big for me, and my poor tailor then has to remake the entire dress to fit me. That's exactly what happened with this Marant dress.

I first saw the gorgeous Milly dress when I was shopping with a friend in Richmond. I knew from the very first glance that the long, impatient wait for the sales had just begun. Again. I waited and waited, and eventually my patience paid off; I got it online from Barney's, New York (one of my best sale bargains ever!) but oh my word, my poor Tailor then had a mammoth job to shrink it down to Hobbit size! 

It was so worth the long wait & all the effort, I absolutely adore it. In a delicate, silk chiffon material, Milly features an all-over red, blue and cream ikat print. It has gathered flutter sleeves, a round neck with pleat-trim on the front keyhole slit, and is cut for a very relaxed, floaty silhouette. A belt gives the voluminous dress a bit more structure.

I styled it here in the true Marant way, with bare legs and the most fabulous pair of boots. The hugely coveted 'Andrew' boots (also by Isabel Marant and currently on sale!) are made from a cool suede-leather combination; they have a pointed toe and a very unusual pyramid shaped heel. The slouchy design and cuffed top make them the perfect off-duty addition to any look.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment