About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 15 July 2016

A Hint Of Navy








"Search the ocean floor for a vessel,
then you’ll understand me.
Because in all its glory, it’s still a shade of blue;
it is a hint of navy"
~ Wom N. Sha

Colour can be a fickle thing in the fashion world. One minute we're told that grey is the new black, then we are told that wearing a cornucopia of vibrant colours will soothe our souls, and then we hear that creams and neutrals will make us look younger, slimmer, taller, fatter, or... well, you get the picture.

There is one colour however, that never lets us down. One colour that will never go out of fashion, and will never get old or tired - navy! Navy never looks like it's trying too hard. It is understated cool, and a great alternative to black.

I have quite a few navy pieces in my wardrobe, and this lovely dress by Emma Manley is a firm favourite. Feminine and flattering, the Maya dress is a fit and flare style; the structured bodice is cinched at the waist with a shimmering metallic leather band. The metallic leather detail also features on the drop shoulders, leading into a flared sleeve. The skirt sits at the knee, and secret pockets at the side give a relaxed vibe.

A fierce pair of platform shoes add a tough edge, and finish the look off beautifully.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment