About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 11 August 2017

Happy Coat












"I made my song a coat
Covered with embroideries
Out of old mythologies
From heel to throat;
But the fools caught it,
Wore it in the world’s eyes
As though they’d wrought it.
Song, let them take it
For there’s more enterprise
In walking naked"
~ William Butler Yeats

I love faux fur, and over time I have worn and written about a number of faux fur coats and jackets (see here) on my blog. Topshop, ASOS, and higher-end brands like Shrimps, and Unreal Fur have shown us how to rock the trend, with their cool, colourful designs. Miranda Dunn's 'Happy Coat' is *the one* though. This is the faux fur coat all the fashionistas want. It has been seen on celebrities such as Fearne Cotton and Emilia Fox, on bloggers, stylists, and now, I am delighted to say, on me.

The 'Happy Coat' is a bespoke piece. It is hand cut, and can be personalised with your initials (two or three letters - or plain if you prefer) to the back. It is fully lined in a beautiful contrast satin lining, it has two pockets, and gold metal fur clips to fasten to the front. The coat can be made in pale pink, black, navy, bottle green or camel, and for the lettering you have a choice of cream, leopard, pale pink or pale blue.

I had my coat made in black with my initials boldly emblazoned in dramatic leopard print across the back. My initials are FU (think about it, it can take a moment to sink in!) and that causes no end of merriment every time I wear this gorgeous coat! And in case you were wondering; yep, I was absolutely melting shooting this coat in the middle of a boiling hot Summer in New York City. It was worth every single sweaty moment though, to wear such a magnificant coat, and I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to let you know that Miranda is taking pre-orders now for AW17 coats.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment