About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 26 February 2018

Hey You With The Red Dress On









"I said hey you with the red dress on
I gotta find a way to take it off
I got a lot of love and it's growing strong
When I see you with your red dress on
You in that red dress
You in that red dress"
~ Magic!

I've been busy shopping the sales and this scarlet gem was, hands down, my best bargain. It was a difficult dress to find as it was from Vivetta's SS17 collection, but I searched and searched and I found it, in my size, and at a fraction of the original price. It was kind of meant to be, right? Needless to say, I snapped it up!

I wasn't surprised to read that classic children's Fairytales were the inspiration behind Vivetta's collection. Every piece told a story, make-believe characters came alive on the catwalk, creating a fashion fairytale that reawakened childlike imaginations.

This Victoriana, Red-Riding-Hood-esque dress with its unconventional vintage feel was the standout piece for me. It has a decadent, costume vibe, without it ever feeling like fancy dress. Flouncy ruffles and frills create a whimsical, ethereal charm that softens the dramatic Victoriana edge created by the high neckline and square bib front.

I feel very ladylike when I wear it. I feel like a character from Downton Abbey or a scarlet clad Handmaid from The Handmaid's Tale. I move differently in it; I am suddenly more graceful, more elegant, more lissome. It is a fairytale dress that will turn heads wherever it is worn.

Get The Look:
Dress: Vivetta Red Ruffle Bib Midi Dress (similar here and here)
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik 'D'Orsay' Peep-toe Shoes in zebra (similar here)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment