About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 20 July 2018

It's Da Bomb!











“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening”
~ Coco Chanel

The iconic bomber jacket first appeared in the 1950s as military clothing, designed to keep Pilots safe and warm in their cockpits. In fact, it has had the most successful crossover to civilian wear of any utilitarian piece of clothing ever.

It has been through a number of evolutionary stages over the years and even became a style emblem for many youth movements, Skinheads in London, Punks in America, and the Americana subculture in Japan in the 60s and 70s. Legendary actors such as James Dean, Marlon Brando and, more recently Tom Cruise, and Harrison Ford wearing the style on the silver screen, has helped seal its fate as a timeless wardrobe essential.

A light bomber jacket is the perfect Summer cover up and whatever your budget, whatever your style, there is one out there for everyone; embroidered, sequinned, leather, plain, colourful, there are a myriad of different styles to chose from. This vibrant, tropical print one by Irish designers, Rant & Rave is, hands down, the best one I’ve seen all season.

Get The Look:
T-shirt: Whistles Seam Back Tee in white (similar)
Photos: Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment