About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 9 December 2013

Heavy Metal






One of the hottest trends for A/W13 is the metallic trend. You can find metallics everywhere; shoes, bags, clothes, even our makeup is sparkling. High shine textures in pastels, bronzes, cool silvers and rich golds are brightening up the dreary Autumn and Winter days.

Ultra modern & very cutting edge, this trend is not for the faint hearted. The key to wearing this potentially tricky look is to keep it simple, wearing one metallic piece at a time. This beautiful Manley leather skirt, in a pale metallic gold, is one of the most gorgeous pieces of clothing I have ever seen! Bold and bright, it creates an effortless edginess and makes a dazzling style statement.

To balance out the look and to stop it looking too futuristic and space-agey, I paired the skirt with a simple navy, loose fitting top. I kept all my accessories very neutral and simple; a great pair of flat black brogues from High-street favourite Topshop and the most fabulous black satchel from The Cambridge Satchel Co. I am obsessed with these amazing satchels and I want one in every single colour!

I love this cool, easy to wear, daytime look. The sun may not be shining at the moment, but my skirt certainly is!

Get The Look:


No comments:

Post a Comment