About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 20 December 2013

Winter White








My favourite colour to wear this Winter is white; it is the seasons hottest colour and had a huge presence on the AW13 catwalks.

The trick to wearing Winter whites is getting the fabric right; delicate Summery cottons, sheer silks & light linens simply won't work. Instead, go for heavier textiles, chunky knits, sports-luxe quilting, heavy silk/satins and tough leathers.

The Manley 'Hail' dress is a beautiful take on this potentially tricky trend. Made from the softest leather, the dress features Emma Manley's signature stud embellishment throughout. It is bold without being over the top or flamboyant, elegant and comfortable but still sexy and, as with all of Emma's designs, it is very very cool.

I added a monochrome touch to my outfit by styling the dress with black Christian Louboutin shoes and a bright red lip added a lovely pop of colour. The crisp, clean look of a white dress on dark, dreary Winter days will always make you stand out from the crowd!

Get The Look:
Dress: Emma Manley 'Hail' Leather Studded Dress in white (similar here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment