About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 15 May 2015

Copycat












"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes"
~ Jimi Hendrix

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well I do hope that's true because most of this outfit has been copied, borrowed, stolen, inspired, call it what you will, from a girl I saw in a magazine, or maybe it was on the telly or perhaps it was online; I genuinely can't remember. I have no idea who she was, a model or celebrity most likely. I do however, remember what she wore (mostly) and I wanted to recreate her cool, laid-back look.

Some of it was easy to do; most of us own a pair of denim shorts, and casual ankle boots are a summer staple for me (I can't actually remember what kind of footwear she wore but that doesn't really matter). The perfect stripe tee took a while to find as I'm fussy about tshirts. I found this one by Polo Ralph Lauren in a local Department Store. It's great quality, a classic, and I'll be wearing it for years to come I'm sure. The rather faded colours give it a vintagey feel which I really like.

The hardest part of the outfit to recreate was the cargo jacket. I genuinely think there might only be two or three green, short sleeve, cargo jackets in existence anywhere in the world; the one she wore & this one which I eventually found, after much searching, on a US shopping site.  

And so here it is, my very cool copycat outfit. A big huge thank you to her, whoever she is, for inspiring this perfect Summer off-duty look.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment