About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 19 June 2015

Dina















"There is a lady out east
Named Dina, well at least
She is the mistress of beasts"
~ Aztlanquill

Ganni, a cool Danish label founded in 2000, describes itself as a brand that "mixes the best of past icons but tweaked for the modern everyday girls of today".

Their beautiful Pre-Spring/Summer 2015 collection was inspired by one of the most influential and iconic photographers of our times, Corrine Day. Kate and I have long been admirers of her raw, exposed work that changed fashion photography forever. Corinne's photographs were unexpected; they were edgy, unadorned, and had a vulnerability and a roughness about them. She could put something beautiful into an ordinary space and make it look interesting and exciting. It shouldn't work but it does and that was a huge inspiration when we photographed this dress for the blog.

Ganni's gorgeous 'Dina' dress; I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I fell in love with the colour, the shape, the soft, sensuous velvety material. I love that it looks like it could have stepped out of a 1970s episode of Charlie's Angels or a 1990s episode of Sex And The City. In a delicious pink colour-way, it features a draped wrapped front, a deep V-neckline, a stretch waistband and elasticated cuffs.

I styled it with cool studded heels and a tiny gold clutch bag for a grungily beautiful look.

Get The Look:

1 comment: