About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 24 July 2015

Blue & Green Should Never Be Seen









"Blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between"
~ Unknown

It's an old saying and we all know it very well, but does this colour rule still apply today? I don't think it does; and even if it did, rules are made to be broken, especially in the wonderful world of fashion.

I did however, wonder where this well known old rhyme/rule came from but it seems very little is known about its origin. One story I came across tells of Sailors thinking it bad luck to paint a boat green, as it couldn't easily be seen against the blue of the sea if it capsized. Another suggests that the two colours are too similar to be easily distinguished in black and white films.

I think the colours go beautifully together; sitting side by side on the colour wheel they create a very natural, harmonious combination. Just take a look at the green grass and the blue sky; it is perfect.

My beautiful Bella Freud 1970 jumper is simply the coolest jumper I have ever owned. I love it and wear it often, with jeans, shorts and every skirt in my wardrobe (blogged previously here). Styled here with a gorgeous green mini skirt, I think this look proves once & for all that blue and green definitely should be seen! 

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment