About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 9 December 2016

Chasing Rainbows












"I'm always chasing rainbows
Watching clouds drifting by.
My schemes are just like all my dreams,
Ending in the sky.
Some fellows look and find the sunshine,
I always look and find the rain.
Some fellows make a winning sometime,
I never even make a gain,
Believe me,
I'm always chasing rainbows,
Waiting to find a little bluebird in vain"
~ Harry Carroll / Joseph McCarthy

Forget about orange being the new black; this Autumn/Winter it is all about pink, blue, yellow, green, violet, red; all the colours, all together, in big, bold, beautiful detail. Thanks to brands like Gucci, Missoni and Chloe, rainbow stripes are having quite a moment, and this colourful, cheerful trend is brightening up winter wardrobes all across the land!

I first became aware of the trend when I spied Gucci’s rainbow sweater of dreams in a magazine. Alas, at a £600 price point, I knew it would remain forever in my dreams! And so the search began for a cheaper alternative. I found one at a marginally more affordable £300 (the Madeleine Thompson 'Harewood' Stripe Cashmere Jumper). It is absolutely gorgeous, but still too much for me to justify spending on a jumper. So the search continued. And one night, while dashing through London to get to the Palladium, I saw it. There, gracing a muffled up mannequin in the window of a GAP store, was the most perfect Gucci look-a-like rainbow sweater.

At a very affordable £45, the GAP jumper is made from a super soft, fine ribbed Merino wool blend. Featuring their iconic holiday crazy stripes in 13 bright, bold hues, it has long sleeves with banded cuffs, a crew-neck, and the hugely coveted all-over rainbow stripe pattern. I love it, and I am so happy I chased this particular rainbow.

I styled my cheery sweater with my favourite over-the-knee boots, a matching bobble hat (how could I resist?), a classic satchel in a bright shade of red, and a new pair of skinny jeans. Yes, I finally got a new pair of jeans; I know, I know, I'm in shock too! I truly believed that my old, worn, torn, dilapidated skinny jeans were the only pair I would ever find to fit me. Frame Denim are an LA based brand with a cool London edge, and they have literally saved this denim lovers bacon. In the meantime, my other, old, beloved skinnies are with my trusty tailor. I'm hoping that a little overdue TLC and some serious patchwork will give them a new lease of life. I'm not ready to let them go just yet. Watch this space for an update!

Get The Look:
Photographs: John Uwins Photography ©

1 comment:

  1. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete