About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 3 November 2017

Studio 54











"At studio 54, they’re waiting at the door
Can't get in - just can’t win.
This is New York by night, this is New York by night
So get ready for the time of your life"
~ Dennis Parker

Donna Ida Thornton’s 1973 Collection was inspired by the year she was born, and features retro styles with Californian vibes and soft, feminine styling. '73 was a pivotal year; it was a time of technological innovation, unique styles featuring bright, bold colours and patterns. It was a time of change across the political landscape, and great diversity in popular music. It was a time of individuality, when beautiful people partied the night away at the now infamous Studio 54.

Vibrant colours, inspired by the 70s disco look, feature on this aptly named 'Studio 54' noir cashmere knit. The fabulous sweater, with its loose fit, subtle balloon sleeves, and 6 colourful lurex stripes on the right arm, is a great modern take on a retro look. The off-the-shoulder detail gives it just the right amount of sexy and sweet.

Have fun styling the 'Studio 54' sweater with skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, leather trousers, and cute skirts of all shapes and lengths - it goes with everything. I teamed it here with my favourite denim skinnies, and dressed it up a notch or two with great heels, and a beautiful embellished bag.

Get The Look:
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment