About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 23 March 2018

Willow












“Somewhere the timing will all come together
The mishaps will turn into sunny Decembers
The lovers will be able to find their willow
I wouldn't leave you
I would hold you
When the last day comes
~ Jasmine Thompson
One of my favourite pieces from Manley’s Spring/Summer collection was the gorgeous, embellished, green Tabby dress (blogged here). I was beside myself with excitement when I heard that it was returning in the brands A/W17 collection, in black, and “not quite as you’d expect” Emma Manley teased.
She wasn’t kidding; featuring the same 1960s inspired silhouette, the newly named ‘Willow’ dress is made in a much more Winter friendly wool and cashmere, almost fleece-like material. For Autumn/Winter the embellished flowers were replaced with the coolest gold, silver, and black studs on black patent leather inserts.
‘Willow’ is a beauty alright, a much more dramatic version of her Summery counterpart, and I will be wearing her throughout this seemingly neverending Winter; as a Mary Quant-esque dress with towering heels, and layered as a long-line waistcoat over jeans and classic tees.
Get The Look:
Shoes: Dior ‘Extreme’ Shoes (similar here and here)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment