About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Razzle Dazzle



















"Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?"
~ Fred Ebb

Inspired by the glamorous parties of bygone eras, Retrofête is a New York based Brand that is taking the fashion world by storm. Their designs wouldn't look out of place in 1970s Studio 54, full as they are of sexy, retro-influenced pieces that are literally draped in sequins and sparkles.

If I was asked to sketch a picture of my dream dress, their 'Grace' dress is the one I would draw. It has absolutely everything I adore in a dress; the colour, the shape, the sparkles, the vintage, retro inspired vibe. To me it is absolutely perfect.

This dress of dreams, in a metallic bronze colourway, can be worn loose or cinched in with the velvet sash belt for a more figure-flattering silhouette. It's a mini length, with a scoop neckline, keyhole opening to the back (or front, if you're brave (and pert!) enough), billowy blouson sleeves with elasticated cuffs (so 70s!), and all-over paillette sequin embellishment.

Normally with a dress like this I would keep accessories to a minimum and allow the dress take the spotlight, but today I thought "what the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound", and went full on with the shimmery opulence! I styled it with a black velvet pouch bag, embellished with gold beading. Glitzy drawstring pouches have been the coolest bags for the Christmas/New Year party season, and you'll be seeing them everywhere for a while yet. I finished my dazzling outfit off with a pair of sky-high heels that simply scream 1970s; they are the perfect match for my shimmery, retro, dream dress.

This look is high-octane glamour; absolutely perfect for those special nights when you want to stand out from the crowd and make a real statement.

Get The Look:
Photos: Jason Connery ©

1 comment:

  1. I love the design, drape, sparkle and look of the fabric of that very pretty Retrofete dress!!! It looks like it must feel wonderful wearing it. You look fabulous showcasing that pretty dress in all of the beautiful outfit photos above. I also love the look of the Jenny Packman bag you accessorised your outfit with.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete