About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 11 January 2019

Thing To Wear












"Fashion is what you're offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose."
~ Lauren Hutton

Remember the olden days on this blog, when my favourite brand was the now defunct Winter Kate by Nicole Richie? Their hero piece every season was a vintage silk Kimono jacket or dress and I just couldn't get enough of them (see here and here). I never believed I would ever find a brand to compete with, never mind match, those gorgeous vintage inspired pieces that are still a huge part of my wardrobe. But I have found that brand, and they are fabulous! They are also Irish, always a bonus to me as I love to support great Irish design.

Squirrel Versus Magpie was founded by Gillie and Sarah Casey. The great name reflects the ethos and the challenges that face the brand. "Like the squirrel", they say, "it is our goal to be prudent and responsible with the environmental and human resources we use, while also satisfying the inner Magpie that wants beautiful, covet-able things".

Their collections are full of stunning dresses, printed tees with matching trousers (I want, I want!), silky shirts and great coats, but it was the beautiful silk kimonos that first caught my eye. Kimono literally translates as 'thing to wear' and their 'Amelia' thing to wear is a contemporary take on a centuries old design. The Kimono is designed, printed and made in Dublin. Every effort has been made to reduce waste at all points of production, so its carbon footprint is minimal.

I will wear this soft, silky, sensuous piece forever; it will look equally great with jeans and a t-shirt for a casual look, or with a little black dress for a very glamorous evening look.

Get The Look:
Tee: Jared Leto Classic V-Neck Tee in black (similar here and here)
Jeans: J Brand 9326 Low Rise Crop Skinny Jeans in silencia (similar here and here)
Boots: Christian Louboutin 'Ariella' Studded Boots (similar here)
Photos: Jason Connery ©

No comments:

Post a Comment