About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Sunday 3 June 2012

Double Denim








Denim is a timeless trend that will never die. But double denim, also known as the Texan Tuxedo, is generally regarded to be one of the trickiest & most controversial trends to pull off. 

To do or not to do? That is the question. And it's a question that arises time and time again in the fashion world. What's my take on it? As with all things fashion, I say if you like it & you feel good in it, wear it. Simples!

Double denim can be a great low-key look for the weekend. I bought this unusual denim shirt last Summer from The Raw Denim Bar. It is by New York based Designers Charley 5.0 and I had never seen a denim shirt quite like it before; the cut-out shoulder detail really makes it stand out.  I have paired it here with my favourite denim shorts (I absolutely LIVE in these!) & a colourful, vintage Levi leather belt for a simple, Summer look. 

The boots are by Ash & are dead ringers for the coveted Isabel Marant 'Dicker' boots that are virtually impossible to buy (I'll get a pair one day though; I'm UK size 3, in case the almighty Fashion Gods are reading this!!). I may be breaking a major fashion rule here with my denim on denim combo, but rules are made to be broken! Right? Right.


Get The Look:
Shorts: Zara Denim Shorts (similar)
Belt: Levi vintage leather belt (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment