About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 15 April 2013

Sarah's Suitcase










Natalie B Coleman; you all know by now just how much I love this innovative Designer's quirky, romantic collections with their unique prints & details that truly set her apart.

This beautiful dress is from her dreamy S/S13 collection, 'Sarah's Suitcase' (named after her Grandmother who sadly died while she was designing it). The collection is Natalie's diary & was inspired by her wedding; a time filled with her daydreams of romantic olden days when people put a Trousseau together. It's a Honeymoon collection; whimsical & romantic with a delicate summery pastel palette on soft lightweight fabrics.

The collection features the most fantastic hand drawn & digitally printed illustrations; Butterflies, symbolising spirits. Greyhounds, inspired by the elegance & nobility of a romantic relationship. The Oyster & palm print on my dress was inspired by Natalie's Confirmation outfit. She says it reminds her of holidays in Miami, 80s pastels, Summertime & being a kid.

The beautifully printed dress features a cowl collar front, low collar back with gold button detail, side pockets and an intricate pleated shoulder and arm detail. It is loose by design & immediately makes me long for lazy, hazy Summer days.

I styled it with Summery sandals from Reiss, my beloved Chloe bag, tousled, wind swept hair & tanned legs! I actually wore the dress back to front (on purpose!) so watch out for a 'Snapshot' post soon when I will wear it the right way round... two beautiful dresses in one... genius!

Get The Look:
Dress: Natalie B Coleman 'Oyster & Palm' dress
Shoes: Reiss 'Cedar' Sandals (similar)
Bag: Chloe Paddington Bag (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment