About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 19 April 2013

Spice Up Your Life














This fabulous dress is by New Zealand Designer Karen Walker. Cut in a loose, flattering shape, it features a round neckline with subtle pleat detail and dramatic puff sleeves that create a beautiful silhouette. It simply slips on & sits just above the knee. This dress however, is all about it's vibrant orange hue. It makes quite a statement!

They say you should put some orange in your life when you want to spice things up; orange is a power colour, a healing colour, and wearing it is said to balance your emotions in times of stress and shock. Dramatic and dynamic for sure, it is much more gentle and easier to wear than the fiery heat of red.

I styled the dress with a cool pair of Tiger print Louboutin's and some lovely accessories; a feather clutch from ASOS and beautiful, delicate jewellery by Alex Monroe. My wonderful Husband commissioned Alex to make the Daisy Chain bracelet for me. Such a romantic surprise; it is a real treasure & I absolutely adore it! And of course, I simply had to include a photo of my Karen Walker doll who is wearing the very same fabulous dress!

We had an interesting Blog shoot for this dress, in gale force winds that literally seemed to be trying to undress me! So forceful was the wind, it actually tore the hem of my dress; thank goodness I have a great Tailor!

Get The Look:
Dress: Karen Walker Puff Sleeve Dress in orange (similar)
Shoes: Christian Louboutin 'No Prive 942' Peep-toe Sling-backs in Tiger print (similar)
Jewellery: Alex Monroe Daisy Chain Bracelet & Daisy Ear-rings
Bag: ASOS Feather Clutch (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment