About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Thursday 12 September 2013

Fit & Flare










I was invited to a lovely evening of fashion, champagne & more fashion at my local Reiss store last week to launch their fantastic AW13 collection. The beautiful Store Manager Carly, looked a million dollars wearing this dress & I absolutely fell in love with it. She found one in my size, I tried it on and my Husband loved it so much that he bought it for me on the spot!

Fit & flare styles are a key trend this season. One of the most figure flattering looks, the style is fitted through the bodice, cinched in at the waist and flares out into a fuller skirt, creating a very feminine, flirty silhouette. The 'Roe Snake' dress is a gorgeous take on this trend. Made from 100% pure silk it feels so sensual against my skin. It features short sleeves, that fantastic fit & flare shape, a round neck, an all over snake print in indigo and double frills at the hem that add femininity and movement.

I went for a very dressed down look when I styled my dress for a sunny afternoon out with the girls. I wore a great pair of flat Topshop brogues (my current obsession with androgynous flat footwear is showing no sign of abating!) and added a gorgeous pop of colour with my bright red satchel from The Cambridge Satchel Co; this scarlet beauty never fails to be a show stopper!

Get The Look:
Dress: Reiss 'Roe Snake' Fit & Flare Dress
Shoes: Topshop 'Milla' Brogues in black (similar)
Bag: The Cambridge Satchel Co. Classic Satchel in red

No comments:

Post a Comment