About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 24 March 2014

White Lace & Promises









I kept seeing this beautiful white lace top from Whistles everywhere; online, in shops, in magazines and I always intended to buy it. But I dawdled and when I finally got around to getting it, it was sold out in my size, everywhere! Turns out it's been Whistles biggest seller of the season; not at all surprising.

I rang every Whistles store hoping that one size 8 was lurking in a dark corner, forgotten, waiting to be mine. As luck would have it, one was lurking somewhere, in Richmond to be exact. My Hubby drove me there & in my excitement I bought the top without trying it on. Of course when I got home and tried it on, I discovered it was absolutely HUGE on me!! I was so disappointed but there was nothing for it, I had to return it.

A week later, we were in Westfield Shopping Centre in London. There is a Whistles store in Westfield. While we were browsing there I was astonished to see one lonely, lovely WHITE LACE TOP! Massive excitement. In a teeny tiny size 4. Massive disappointment. I decided to try it on regardless of the tiny size and can you believe, it fit me like a glove!!! I couldn't buy it quick enough.

And wasn't it worth all that drama? A beautiful modern take on the lace trend, the 'Leith' top features a loose yet structured fit, all-over delicate white lace, a short zip to the back & on the sleeves. It is finished off with a gorgeous scalloped hem trim.

For a relaxed chic look I paired mine with my favourite skinny jeans & the cool over-the-knee boots I am wearing everywhere at the moment!

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment