About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 3 January 2014

Another Angry Bird










It is only right that my first blog post of 2014 should feature two of my favourite Designers; Ireland's Emma Manley and Natalie B Coleman. The top, designed by Natalie, was a Christmas present from my Bestie & seriously, he couldn't have chosen a better gift for me! It is a beautiful, unique piece, featuring the same crazy Ostrich head with Monkey teeth (I know I know, a fantastic combination!) as my much loved Natalie B Coleman Ostrich dress (blogged here).

The Ostrich illustration is hand-drawn, water-coloured and digitally-printed onto a black background. Combined with the asymmetrical shape of the top, it is a perfect mix of grunge & ultra-modern cool. The top can be dressed up, dressed down & dressed every which way in between!

I paired it with a stunning Emma Manley skirt for a Christmas night out; the 'Dakota' leather skirt in beautiful metallic gold (also blogged here). It features a zip and snap fastener to the front and hand cut leather with a scalloped edge. The front of the skirt is shorter than the back making it the perfect party piece to show off long tanned legs!

I finished the outfit off with simple black suede court shoes, delicate jewellery (silver to clash subtly with the gold skirt) and a dark, berry lipstick.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment