About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Monday 27 October 2014

Mermaids Are Real











 

 “I would be a mermaid fair
I would sing to myself the whole of the day;
With a comb of pearl I would comb my hair;
And still as I comb'd I would sing and say,
Who is it loves me? who loves not me?
I would comb my hair till my ringlets would fall
Low adown, low adown”
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

This stunning dress from Antipodium's S/S14 collection has already achieved iconic status. It has been THE dress of the season, featuring in pretty much every fashion magazine you can think of.

In an iridescent nude organza, the 'Hot Knife' dress features short sleeves, a round neckline and a hidden zip to the back. It has a flattering fit and sits elegantly just below the knee. The skirt has razor sharp pleats called 'knife pleats' where the fabric is folded back and forth continuously so that the pleat creases all appear to point in one direction. It comes with a seductive matching under-slip that sits shorter than the pleated skirt and gives a flirty glimpse of leg with every step.

It is a glorious dress, a shimmering, translucent, dreamy Mermaid-esque vision. Mermaids are real. True story.

Get The Look:
Dress: Antipodium 'Hot Knife' Dress in pink sand (skirt version available here)

No comments:

Post a Comment