About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 3 October 2014

Partners In Style








When I first saw this outfit in the Manley SS14 Lookbook I knew I was going to have both pieces. I fell in love with everything about this elegant, glamorous look.

The 'Abbie' skirt is irresistible; the midi length I've only recently started to wear and love, it is a show stopper in every sense of the word. Made from patent leather, in a completely unexpected white colour-way, it features a cross-over front, snap fastener detail on the waistband, is fully lined in silk and has secret pockets on the side seam. The front panel sits flat while the back and side panels are cut to give plenty of flare.

It's perfect partner in style is the gorgeous 'Lee' sleeveless shirt. Featuring the same white patent leather detail on the collar, the teal colour of the bodice makes a stunning contrast. The back of the shirt sits slightly longer & it has antique gold button detailing down the centre front.

Abbie & Lee work perfectly together but trust me, each piece looks equally fabulous without the other. I've worn the shirt with jeans and shorts to great effect this Summer and the skirt will be an Autumn Winter staple paired with fine knit sweaters, distressed rock n roll t-shirts and cute crop jackets.

I added towering heels to complete the look (heels are essential to making the midi length work when you're a shortie like me) and I was good to go. This is quite a different look for me, I'm usually all about getting my legs out, but I really love this slightly more grown up outfit. It makes me feel immediately glamorous, ladylike and sexy as hell.

Get The Look:

No comments:

Post a Comment