About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 6 July 2012

Padma







The Gilt Group is an invitation only sale site and they do the very best Designer sales! A recent purchase from them (at a fraction of the original price) was this fun, flirty, tank style Winter Kate dress. 

This simple throw on piece has an unusual asymmetrical hem-line, a raw edged ruffle trim at the shoulders & front, a cute pouch pocket and a keyhole cut-out detail, with button fastening at the neck, which adds a sexy little touch. The dress is made of soft, crinkled silk chiffon and features a beautiful Indian inspired Padma flower print (after which it is named) in a gorgeous red/pink colourway.

A number of pieces in Winter Kate's S/S12 collection have this same beautiful print; my favourite being the elusive 'Lalita' romper which I simply can't find anywhere to buy! If the lovely people at Winter Kate are listening, please please help me find it! 

I styled the 'Padma' dress with my Christian Louboutin 'Mad Mary' shoes, probably the coolest shoes Louboutin has ever made! The neutral cream colour means they go with absolutely everything while the gold stud detail adds a very rock & roll edge.

To pick out the gold detail on the shoes, I accessorised with one of my favourite House of Harlow necklaces & a gold, oversized  Michael Kors watch (an amazing birthday present!)

Get The Look:
Shoes: Christian Louboutin 'Mad Mary' Studded Mary-Janes


No comments:

Post a Comment