About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sac






Where do I begin with this amazing dress? It is unquestionably one of the most unusual dresses I own. It is by Australian Fashion Designer Nicola Finetti, from his A/W09 collection. Nicola states on his website that his inspirations are found in contrasts such as "north-south, white-black, constraint-freedom" and these contradictions are definitely expressed in his very unique designs.

This unusual nude shift dress features very fine fringing all over and tiny metallic threads that create a fabulous light reflecting shimmering effect. I have worn it a couple of times onstage & it has had a very extreme reaction each time. One lady commented that I was wearing a sack while another lady begged me to sell it to her then and there as she loved it so much! People also seem to have a compelling urge to stroke me whenever I wear it!

A dramatic dress like this really doesn't need much accessorising as it is such a stand out piece so I kept the look simple and edgy, pairing it with my See by Chloe cut-out shoes. I love these shoes so much! I searched the world to find a pair small enough for me & was delighted to get the last size 35 (UK 2) from good ol' Net-a-Porter!

Get The Look:

1 comment:

  1. Love the Finetti fringe look. Do you remember Kylie's fringe dress phase - I can recall white, pink,turquoise and line green creations for various performances inc Children in Need, Smash Hits award show and the "I Believe in You" single art work! Cheers, Erick x

    ReplyDelete