About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Slasher









I've blogged about Irish Fashion Designer Emma Manley on here before so you all know how very much I love her work! Her fabulous designs are described as "an affordable, beautiful, crafted luxury. Garments that are both hard & soft, powerful & preciously delicate at once".

The Slasher dress is probably my favourite piece from her A/W11 collection; I say probably as the entire collection is amazing so it's hard to pick a favourite! Slasher however, is that rare dress you can just throw on and immediately feel fabulous. The dress features two soft jersey layers; a fitted mini underneath and a midi length top layer with two slits running up the centre of each leg. 

The best way to wear Slasher is with a statement belt. You can hide the belt under the front outer flap and tie it to the back to hide your tummy and flatter a pert bottom. Or you can leave the back loose and close the belt over the front layer to give the illusion of a tiny waist. 

The 'Harlech' studded warrior belt by Burberry Prorsum is the ideal statement piece to give a harder edge to the deceptively simple lines of Slasher. The over-sized studds add an edgy, punky feel that is both bold and glamorous. 

The shoes are classic Jimmy Choo courts. They were my first ever Designer shoe purchase many years ago and are so popular they reappear in Jimmy Choo collections season after season.

Get The Look:
Jewellery: All by Tiffany & Co

No comments:

Post a Comment