About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Fiona, an Irish girl living in the UK. Lead singer in rock/pop band Alter Ego, I have a passion for fashion and great music! I own far too many clothes and some very cool photographers take photos of me wearing them all! I hope my blog reaches people who share my obsession with fashion, style and beautiful things! Thanks for stopping by! Fx

Friday 13 July 2012

Peter Pan







I have been in and out of love with Topshop for as long as I can remember. Right now, I am hopelessly IN LOVE! They have produced some incredible, wearable pieces over the last few seasons and my bank balance can hardly keep up!

One of my favourite things to wear is a shorts playsuit and a shorts playsuit is something good ol' Toppers does particularly well. I live in them all year round, with bare legs and a big smile in the Summer and with black opaque tights and shoeboots when the weather gets cooler.

This gorgeous little shorts playsuit is a case in point; it is so special! The navy velvet lends a very luxurious feel to it, it looks expensive but it was actually a very affordable £50! The white lace Peter Pan collar adds a gorgeous girly contrast. I love a Peter Pan collar; that girly rounded collar that evokes a sense of innocence and is favoured by ingenue-esque starlets like Alexa Chung and Kirsten Dunst. It was allegedly named after the collar of the costume worn by actress Maude Adams in 1905 when she played Peter Pan and has since become a trend that reappears season after season, year after year. 

Here I have teamed my playsuit with nude patent shoes and a delicious pink lipstick in keeping with the cute, girly look.

Get The Look:
Playsuit: Topshop Navy Velvet Lace Collar Playsuit (similar)
Shoes: Geri by Next Nude Patent Platform Shoes (similar)
Lipstick: MAC Lipstick in 'Lustering'

No comments:

Post a Comment